Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Belgian Beer

"Is all beer from Belgium made by monks?" This was a question that came up at Monday night football. It kinda sounds silly. I mean I have been drinking the stuff for years. It couldn't be, could it? I found this web page by Rick Steves that indirectly answers the question. If you don't want to follow the link the short answer is, no. That doesn't make Belgian beer any less intriguing though. Now I want to plan a trip to Belgium to tour the breweries, restaurants and monasteries :-)

5 comments:

Bryan Kolesar said...

We'll definitely need to hook you up with my friend Mark from Madison when he's here in September. He and his wife have done the trip, complete with bike riding to the North Sea. You'd love to hear his homebrewing stories as well as tales from their trip to Belgium. Sounds like an excellent idea for a group trip next year :-)

Anonymous said...

How about a little Belgium in Philadelphia http://www.eulogybar.com/

Adam said...

Jackie, I have heard great things about Eulogy .

Brian, I think I'm gonna sip on some Rochfort and pretend I'm in Belgium. Ahhhhh....

Bryan Kolesar said...

I was almost ready to rip you, Adam, but then I realized it was Dennis, Scott, and I that were at Eulogy. Then, Patty and I at a later date. For some reason, I always pictured you and me there, but no. You will definitely need to bump it up your list of Philly bars to visit in the near future. I could always be available for a wingman if you need one ;)

p.s. how was the 2nd Rochefort tasting?

Adam said...

I actually decided against the Rochefort tasting. I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Eulogy just hit the top of the list :-)

Now to plan the attack.