Monday, November 14, 2005

Beer Review: O'hara's Celtic Stout

O'hara's Celtic Stout from Carlow Brewing Company was given to me by a friend. It has been sitting in my beer fridge for a few weeks and was just begging to be opened. So, I decided to try it tonight. Sometimes I like the taste of a beer sometimes I like the nose. Sometimes a beer has both. This one has both. It has a wonderful roasty full nose. Not sure if its coffee or toffee...hmmm. It kinda reminds me of honey roasted cashews and toffee. How does it taste? Well I tend to compare to Guiness when drinking stouts. This is good, but, it isn't a Guiness type beer. It's well balanced between the hops tang and roasted malt. It's less creamy and more watery than Guiness and Murphy's. I like it as a clean tasting well balance big tasting stout.

No comments: