Friday, June 02, 2006

Beer Tasting: Rogue Dead Guy Ale

This is (supposedly) a Maibock style lager from Rogue Ales Brewery in Newport, Oregon. It's fermented with their proprietary Pacman ale yeast. This beer was sampled on draft at Flanigan's Boathouse in Malvern, PA. Have you tasted this beer? Let us know what you think. As a suggestion, try to keep the review as brief as possible for each of the following: appearance; smell; taste; mouthfeel; and drinkability.

Appearance Adam: reddish deep Amber Bryan: dark, with hints of red coming through Smell Adam: mellow sweet honey Bryan: serious malty aroma Taste Adam: not as earthy as some maibocks, more bitter; which is fine with me Bryan: tasty bits of honey Mouthfeel Adam: well carbonated; coating Bryan: not overly carbonated; smooth; but a little quick through the mouth Drinkability Adam: this beer is one of my top five, all these years I didn't know they called it a Maibock Bryan: yes (though, the "Maibock" controversy continues!) Seconds? Adam: do you have to ask? Bryan: yes a closing note from Adam: I'll have to credit my brother-in-law for introducing me to this one about 7 years ago. Thanks Steve :-)

No comments: